Thursday, April 25, 2013

RetroSketches with PIO Color challenge

I'm not sure if I can do the Pile it On challenge with just one other challenge, but I liked the colors, so I used them with the Retro Sketch. I cased the original card, because it was so pretty.

I created the background paper by stamping a border stamp several times in New England Ivy and filling in the circles with my Sweet Leaf, Topiary, Hollyhock, and Blush markers. I colored the seam binding ribbon with the Blush marker, and I love that it dried instantly! The Hollyhock flower was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I came up with the idea to cut the leaves using 2 cuts from my circle punch. It made perfect leaves! The pearl was colored using the topiary marker.



Materials used:
Cardstock: Colonial White, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock
Stamps: Dreamin' WOTG, Card Chatter - Love
Ink: New England Ivy
Markers: Topiary, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock, Blush
Other: Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon, Mocha Pearls

3 comments:

  1. I love this card - just fabulous with the pretty paper flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card!!! Thanks for participating in our
    PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your paper flower Sarah. You have been so busy lately. It's been fun catching up on all your beautiful work this morning with my cup of coffee. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete