Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Complete CASE

When I first found the CASE Study Challenge, I thought the idea was to make your project look as close to the original as possible. But then I realized, they don't choose the winners based on if it looks the same, they choose the winners based on how unique you can make it, while still slightly inspired by the original. I don't care. CASE to me means "Copy and Steal Everything!" So I know I won't win, but doggone it, I like this card! The only changes I made were, of course I used CTMH products, and I used the colors from PalsPaperArts.


I did the technique described at the Muse's original post. I stamped the same image twice, then used one to cut out the letters and layer them with foam tape on the other. I used Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut the letters at 1 1/4 inches. The card base is 8"x3 1/2". The colors I used were Twilight, Heavenly Blue, and Sweet Leaf - my interpretation of Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I used white Baker's Twine instead of ribbon.

CeleryBashfulMarina
Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Heavenly Blue
Stamps: Dreams Come True, Say it in Style
Ink: Heavenly Blue, Sweet Leaf, Twilight
Other: Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Neutral Baker's Twine assortment

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card love the technique you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card, and they really liked it at Case Study too! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE everything about your card--I am pinning it now and will have to try it later. Wonderful, wonderful card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully crisp! Love the blue! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care if it was a total copy, either, its BEAUTIFUL! I really like your color choices--they make for a softer pretty look. I'm pinning this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love the soft fresh look of this card. And it looks like your theory about winning was wrong - nice to be wrong on this one! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I love your letters! Beautifully done! Thank you for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete