Thursday, April 25, 2013

A CASE from Less is More

The challenge at Less is More is to CASE one of two cards. I chose the first one thinking I could make it using CTMH products. I gave it my best shot:
 

To make this card, I embossed some heavenly blue cardstock with clear embossing powder and the stripe border stamp from It's Your Day. I used that strip for the banner and the strip inside. I paper pierced the outside of the Champagne cardstock using our ruler and piercing tool. The oval was pierced using the CM oval cutting system pattern as a guide. My shape, cut from Art Philosphy, is not as pretty as the original one, but it's similar. I didn't have any heavenly blue embossing powder for the sentiment, so I stamped it once in lagoon, then over top in versamark, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I popped the layers up with foam tape, which is new for me, but I like the effect. What do you think?

Materials used:
Cardstock: Champagne, Heavenly Blue, Colonial White
Stamps: It's Your Day, Say it in Style
Ink: Lagoon, VersaMark
Other: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

2 comments:

  1. This is a great CASE Sarah... I had to look twice to see which was which!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete